Thank you for showing an interest in working for Middlesbrough Council.
The Council acts as Middlesbrough’s community leader, working with local residents and businesses, public sector partners and the voluntary and community sector to improve local social, economic and environmental well-being and the long-term sustainability of the town.
The Mayor’s Vision for Middlesbrough in 2025, Fairer, Safer, Stronger, sets out a number of priorities for the town and the Council:
A Fairer Middlesbrough
· Fairness and reduced inequalities in income and health
· Fair access to secure, well-paid jobs and meaningful training
· Fair access to high-quality homes
A Safer Middlesbrough
· Safer communities – further reducing crime and anti-social behaviour
· Safer, independent lives – ensuring our children and vulnerable adults are protected
· Safer environment – ensuring our town is cleaner and more resilient to a changing climate
A Stronger Middlesbrough
· Strengthening and diversifying our local economy
· Strengthening our city through bold and innovative regeneration
· Strengthening our cultural sector
· Strengthening our transport links
To improve processes and reduce costs, all applications for Middlesbrough Council jobs need to be made using an online application form. Paper versions are no longer available.
Computers are available at all Council Libraries and at Jobcentre Plus, if required, where support can be provided in using the online application forms.
If you have a sensory impairment that prevents you from using an online application form please ring 01642 - 727088.
Note: Internal Vacancies (MBC employees only)
To be able to apply for an internal vacancy you must first register as an internal candidate on www.northeastjobs.org.uk
. Select Register/login and complete the personal details section. You must then select Middlesbrough Council as your organisation.
Your HR department will receive a request to verify you as an internal candidate and will process this the next working day or sooner if possible.
Following this acceptance you will be able to apply for internal positions.