Darlington College are looking to recruit a vibrant, School & Community Liaison Officer to their busy team.
Reporting to the Student Recruitment Manager and working closely with Marketing the ideal candidate will show excellent verbal and written communication skills and have an enthusiastic and bubbly personality in order to inspire students looking to progress into college life.
• To co-ordinate day to day links with partner schools and community groups and promote the college through active involvement in:
• The delivery of interactive presentations to school and community groups on a regular basis to achieve target growth.
• Co-ordinate and have a presence at school and community events, including school open events, parents’ evenings, careers events and career in action days.
• Liaise with appropriate schools’ teaching and community workers to expand the range of activities on offer to ensure they are relevant, interesting, stimulating and fit for purpose.
• The co-ordination and delivery of school assemblies and application form clinics.
o To support young people with the application and enrolment process.
o To maintain and build networks of communication with external agencies to promote the college.
o Bring forward new ideas for Open and Taster Days, the College Website, marketing materials and methods of communicating with schools and the wider community.
o Develop close working links with Head of Faculties and Curriculum Managers to ensure knowledge of curriculum offer is up to date and communication is consistent.
o To co-ordinate and deliver relevant talks, tours, and marketing events to further develop relationships and communications regarding the marketing and promotion of College programmes to schools and community venues
o The collection of school student data for use in mailshots.
o Participate in all college internal and external promotional events including Open Events, Connecting to College and Enrolment Events, Application Form Clinics and Business Ambassador Events.
o To co-ordinate the Schools Taster Programme (Discovery Day) and other visits with partner schools and College curriculum areas by a variety of year groups.
o To distribute college publications, posters, and other marketing materials to schools and school pupils and promote online marketing activities and information.
o To co-ordinate with appropriate College staff in connection with all aspects of schools liaison activity and events.
o To work evenings as required and occasional weekends.
o To comply with all relevant policies and procedures.
o To undertake other duties commensurate with the grade of the post as required.