Skip to content
View All Jobs
Advanced Job Search
Association of North East Councils
Cleveland Fire Brigade
Coast & Country Housing
County Durham Housing Group
Darlington Borough Council
Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service
Durham County Council
First Class Supply & Training
Hartlepool Borough Council
Middlesbrough Schools & Academies
NECA - North East Combined Authority
New College Durham
Newcastle City Council
North East Local Enterprise Partnership
North East Regional Employers Organisation
North Tyneside Council
Northumberland County Council
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
South Tyneside Council
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
Sunderland Care and Support
Sunderland City Council
Tees Valley Combined Authority
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Your Homes Newcastle
How to use this website
The recruitment process
How to apply
Hints & tips
Frequently asked questions
About this site
Our Talent pool
Eligibility to Work
Quick Job Search
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Architects / Surveyors / Engineers
Arts / Tourism
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
Catering / Cleaning
Democratic Services/ Registrars
Environmental Health / Trading Standards
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Executive / Managerial
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Fire and Rescue (On Call)
Fire and Rescue (Other roles)
Fire and Rescue (Wholetime)
Health and Safety
HR / Training
Manual / Trades / Transport
Marketing / Media / Communications
Planning / Building Control
Regeneration/ Economic Development
Schools - Support
Schools - Teaching
Social Care - Adult Service
Social Care - Children Service
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Select a job category
Previous 24 hours
Select a date period
Up to £10,000
£10,001 to £20,000
£20,001 to £30,000
£30,001 to £40,000
£40,001 to £50,000
Select Salary Band value
Enter your search text
Advanced Job Search
You are here:
Maths Teacher, Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 24/03/2017 12:00
£22,467 - £38,250 per annum
Schools - Teaching
Supporting Documents Unavailable from NEJ.docx
This job is closed for applications.
Bishopton Pupil Referral Unit is on an exciting journey developing our provision to become at least good. Our provision caters for pupils within Stockton authority. The Bishopton site for Key Stage 2/3/4 pupils has provision for up to 50 pupils and supports pupils who are permanently excluded, partnership places or have been admitted by the Fair Access Protocol. Bishopton also brokers vocational placements with alternative providers for Key Stage 4 pupils who remain solely on the rolls of their mainstream schools.
Redhill is a separate building on the same site as Bishopton for Anxious/Medical Pupils and has provision for 25 pupils as well as overseeing home and hospital tuition.
The total number on roll varies in line with demand.
We wish to appoint an innovative, inspiring and experienced Maths teacher, with an outstanding record of managing children with challenging behaviour and ensuring good progress. You will be expected to plan, implement and deliver a personalised curriculum for KS4 Maths in preparation for both the Functional Skills and GCSE level examinations.
The successful candidate will:
- Have successful teaching experience with pupils with a wide range of SEND.
- Be able to demonstrate experience of planning and delivering a personalised curriculum.
- Monitor, track and assess pupil progress to improving the quality of learning through the use of data and personal growth through the knowledge of pupil's developmental needs.
- Be a consistently good/outstanding teacher.
- Be committed, flexible and able to motivate students of all abilities.
- Be able to motivate others in the pursuit of continuous improvement within the subject area.
- Be passionate about developing the whole child.
- Be up to date with curriculum developments in Maths, including those at KS3 and GCSE.
- Be excited by the opportunities presented by different learning methodologies and new technologies.
- Have the ability to stimulate curiosity, interest and enjoyment in subject area.
- Demonstrate creative teaching skills and a professional approach.
- Have high expectations of pupils.
- Have the determination to raise pupil achievement.
- To undertake the professional duties outlined above by having regard to national standards.
This is a particularly challenging role and the successful candidate must be committed to creating a positive learning environment no matter what barriers they may face. You will need a high level of resilience and a commitment to working as an emotionally intelligent team to support vulnerable children.
To find out more about us please also visit our website:
Application forms and associated paperwork are available by contacting the school office on 01642 566369 or by e-mail -
Applications must be submitted by 12 noon on the closing date.
Bishopton PRU, Marsh House Avenue, Billingham, Stockton-On-Tees, TS23 3HB
Tel: 01642 566369
Back to top
Terms and Conditions