Skip to content
View All Jobs
Advanced Job Search
Association of North East Councils
Cleveland Fire Brigade
Coast & Country Housing
County Durham Housing Group
Darlington Borough Council
Durham and Darlington Fire and Rescue Service
Durham County Council
First Class Supply & Training
Hartlepool Borough Council
Middlesbrough Schools & Academies
NECA -North East Combined Authority
New College Durham
Newcastle City Council
North East Local Enterprise Partnership
North East Regional Employers Organisation
North Tyneside Council
Northumberland County Council
Redcar and Cleveland Borough Council
South Tyneside Council
Stockton-on-Tees Borough Council
Sunderland Care and Support
Sunderland City Council
Tees Valley Combined Authority
Tyne and Wear Fire and Rescue Service
Your Homes Newcastle
How to use this website
The recruitment process
How to apply
Hints & tips
Frequently asked questions
About this site
Our Talent pool
Eligibility to Work
Quick Job Search
Admin / Secretarial / Customer Services
Architects / Surveyors / Engineers
Arts / Tourism
Building Maintenance / Caretaking
Catering / Cleaning
Democratic Services/ Registrars
Environmental Health / Trading Standards
Environmental Services / Waste / Recycling/ Parks
Executive / Managerial
Finance / Benefits / Revenues / Procurement
Fire and Rescue (On Call)
Fire and Rescue (Other roles)
Fire and Rescue (Wholetime)
Health and Safety
HR / Training
Manual / Trades / Transport
Marketing / Media / Communications
Planning / Building Control
Regeneration/ Economic Development
Schools - Support
Schools - Teaching
Social Care - Adult Service
Social Care - Children Service
Traffic / Highways / Road Safety
Youth / Community / Leisure Services
Select a job category
Previous 24 hours
Select a date period
Up to £10,000
£10,001 to £20,000
£20,001 to £30,000
£30,001 to £40,000
£40,001 to £50,000
Select Salary Band value
Enter your search text
Advanced Job Search
You are here:
Advert Start Date:
Advert End Date:
Closed for applications on 21/10/2016 23:59
£60,131 - £69,652
Hours per week:
Schools - Teaching
Lobley Hill Primary School
This job is closed for applications.
'Be the Best you can Be'
The governors seek to appoint an inspirational, dynamic Head Teacher to lead our amazing school to the next stage of our development.
We are determined to continue our relentless drive for improving the life chances of our children and you should have the ability to inspire, innovate and motivate the school community as we continue to fulfil our mission statement; 'Be the Best you can Be'
* Be passionate about developing the potential of every child.
* Have proven leadership and management skills.
* Demonstrate a commitment to excellence and innovation in teaching and learning across all three key stages.
* Be approachable, receptive and able to challenge, motivate and inspire others.
* Have high expectations of achievement and behaviour.
* Be resilient, creative and committed to ensuring the future success of the school.
* Be committed to providing support and leadership to the management group of the Gateshead 3-7 SCITT and work closely with the SCITT manager for the mutual benefit and development of the school.
* Have a good knowledge and experience of initial teacher training
* Continue to build strong relationships with parents and the local community
In return we offer:
* A friendly and welcoming school
* Children who are enthusiastic and enjoy learning
* Staff who are strongly committed to the children and the future of our school
* A supportive and active governing body
* An exciting opportunity for personal development as you shape the future of our school
* The opportunity to help shape the future of the next generation of teachers
To find out more about our school visit our website
Visits to the school are essential. Contact Karen Turland on (0191) 433 4080 to make an appointment.
Gateshead Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post may require a declaration under the Childcare Disqualification Regulations 2009, including Disqualification by Association.
Successful applicants will require an Enhanced Certificate from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Application forms and further information are available via email from
Forms must be returned no later than midnight 21st October 2016 to the above email address.
Back to top
Terms and Conditions