Department: Environment and Commercial Services
Service Area: Growth and Place
Salary: £22,658 – £24,174
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contractual Status: Permanent
A full time position within the Environmental Enforcement Team has arisen. The role will require you to patrol throughout the Town working within the Mayors vision of a Fairer, Safer, Stronger community.
Duties include issuing Fixed Penalty Notices and Community Protection notices to offenders in contravention of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, Clean Neighbourhoods and Environment Act 2005 and Anti-social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014.
You will be required to work 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday although some flexibility will be required.
The successful candidate will:
• Have the ability to communicate with offenders, often in demanding circumstances
• Enjoy working in the outdoors and in all weather conditions
• Have previous experience in a customer service role and handling difficult situations
• Be able to meet the travel requirements of the post
• Work independently and as part of a team when required
• Have excellent literacy skills to enable report writing
• Be able to carry out foot patrol for prolonged periods
For further information, please contact Sam Garside or Katie Bargewell on 01642 300508.
Closing date: Thursday 4th May 2017 by 12 noon.