Business Administration Apprentice – Intermediate Level 2
Department: Learning and Skills
Service Area: Wellbeing, Care and Learning
Salary: £6,366 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week
Contractual Status: Fixed term for 12 months
Middlesbrough Community Learning are looking to recruit Business Administration Apprentices to work within a variety of Middlesbrough Council departments/Local external employers. The successful applicants will be working with and learning from highly experienced administration teams to support the day to day requirements within a busy office environment.
The Apprenticeship programme will enable you to develop a wide range of administrative and clerical skills whilst gaining nationally recognised vocational qualifications.
The successful candidates must be able to demonstrate a positive and professional attitude with good communication skills. They must also be self-motivation, enthusiastic and positive with a willingness to learn and develop.
You will receive support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship to ensure you have the necessary skills, confidence and experience to develop your employment opportunities.
Main Duties are:
• Use of ICT for administration e.g. typing and creating documents using a range of ICT systems (MS Office)
• Taking, receiving and directing telephone calls
• Distribution of external and internal documents
• Maintaining filing systems
• Printing and Photocopying
• Handling queries both internal and external
Personal attributes are:
• Willingness to learn
• Ability to communicate effectively and efficiently
• Good people skills and communication skills
• Resilient & Reliable
For further information, please contact Ann White on 01642 729678 or Maria Ferguson on 01642 729682.
Applications are invited on an ongoing basis, please complete the attached application form and return it to Middlesbrough Council Training Centre, 1st Floor, Town Hall, Middlesbrough, TS1 2QQ.